Sunday, September 11, 2011

SHOEEES!

This shoe is done in the gouache paint. I enjoyed doing this.. I always enjoy painting, so no surprise there.  

This shoe is done in dry pastel/chalk. This was very messy. It was kind of a headache but I got through it.


This shoe is done in colored pencil. The last time I did colored pencil was in high school. I did not enjoy it then, and I can't say I enjoyed it now either. haha very frustrating.

3 comments:

  1. My favorite is the yellow one. I like the vibrant color and the contrasting lines and laces. I'm having a little trouble with the angle of the shoe, being on edge link that. Just an angle I wouldn't have considered doing. - Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love leather texture on the water color; love shadows on the chalk; love simple kid book look on the color pencil. Love that you have so many details, and that you have grounded your shoes. Great texture feeling. The chalk shoe top is a bit muddy, maybe you can define the color a bit more to fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job overall. Remember exploring a variety of media is incredibly difficult at times. Knowing when to push through it and when to try something different is a tough lesson to learn. The top one reads as the most confident one for sure. The heal of the shoe in all three is a bit awkward in proportion but isn't distracting. The pattern of the last one really makes it different from the other two and gives the show personality.

    ReplyDelete